Brrr it’s cold today! Winter has definitely arrived and I’m now wearing slippers and putting the heating on. It’s made me crave soup and so I made myself this delicious bowl of wintry goodness to warm me up. This recipe makes enough for 3 – 4 bowls.
Warming paleo parsnip soup
- parsnips - 2 very large
- onion - 1 medium
- fresh ginger - 1 tsp
- garlic - 2 cloves
- garam masala - 1 tbsp
- fresh chilis (red) - 1
- chicken stock - 1.5 cups
- coconut milk - 1.5 cups
- nutmeg - to taste
- butter - 1 tbsp
• Chop your onion finely, then do the same with your ginger and garlic.
• Heat your butter in a pan and add your onion, ginger, garlic and garam masala.
• Cook until your onions are softened.
• Chop your parsnips and add to the pan, along with the stock and coconut milk.
• Pierce your chilli pepper, but keep it whole and drop it into the pan.
• Simmer for 30 minutes, with a lid on the pan.
• Remove from the heat, take the chilli out and then blend with a handblender or in a food processor.
• Grate a little nutmeg over the top of the soup before serving.