OMG I just made this and had to post. It was so delicious and such a great variety of flavours. I thought I’d eaten enough scramble eggs to never, ever care about them again, but the moistness of the mushroom and the heat of the chili adds a surprising new dimension and alongside the sweetness of the apple and almond butter, it’s just a total delight. Don’t think sweet and savoury go? HELLOOOOO. BACON AND MAPLE SYRUP! Sirriously…
So here it is, my new favourite Paleo breakfast.
This breakfast has got it all!
- Egg - 3
- chili flakes - pinch
- parsley - pinch
- Sea salt - pinch
- Mushrooms - 5 closed cup or equivalent
- Apple - 1
- Almond Butter - for spreading
- Butter - 1 tsp
• First up, slice your apple into thin slices, but leave out the core (unless you're weird and eat the core. Ew.)
• Spread each slice with almond butter and stick together into bite size stacks.
• Heat the butter in a pan and fry the mushrooms along with the chili, parsley and salt, until the mushrooms are just starting to brown.
• Crack the eggs into the pan and stir constantly until just cooked. Don't overcook them!
• Eat up those delicious hot eggs, then enjoy your sweet apple treat with a cup of good black coffee. Yum!