Yes yes yes. These are awesome and perfect for a workout. They are neat little parcels of deliciousness. Try them. You will thank me.
- sweet potato - 1 large
- cauliflower - 1 head
- limes - 2
- tuna - 1 can
- garam masala - 1 tsp
- chili flakes - 1/2 tsp
- coconut flour - 1/2 cup
- ground almonds - 1/2 cup
- eggs - 3
- flax meal - 1 heaped tablespoon
- onion - 1
- garlic - 1 clove
- coconut oil - 1 tbsp
• Stick your sweet potato in the microwave for about 8 minutes until it is soft all the way through, then scoop out the flesh and set aside to cool.
• Chop up your cauliflower and steam for about 10 minutes until softened.
• While that is happening, chop your onion finely and fry in a little coconut oil until softened, then add the garlic and tuna and fry briefly.
• Throw your sweet potato and cauliflower into the food processor if you have one and blitz until smooth. If you don't have one, using a masher is fine, though they may end up a bit chunkier, which isn't necessarily a bad thing!
• Using a fine grater, get the skin off your limes and throw it into the mix, then juice one of the limes and pour that in too.
• Add your garam masala, chili flakes, 1 heaped tablespoon of flax meal and 2 of the eggs.
• Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
• Now form the mixture into fish cake size patties. If the mixture is too wet, add a little coconut or almond flour.
• Beat the remaining egg and pop in a bowl and in another bowl, combine your ground almonds, coconut flour and remaining flax meal. Coat your patties first in the egg then in the flour mix.
• Once coated, fry them in coconut oil in a pan until lightly browned on both sides, then transfer them to the oven for about 15 minutes.
• Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime and a lovely fresh salad.