So, it turns out pouring hot fat onto a hot ceramic hob makes it catch fire. Who knew!? So, try not to do that…
Lunches can be difficult on paleo, and my husband-to-be finds them incredibly difficult, because he’s never really been into food. Yes, that sounds a bit odd, but it’s true. If he could replace eating with taking a tablet once a day, he would. Personally, I love to eat, but I still struggle with lunch. This was utterly delicious though and I could eat it every day, for realz.
A great paleo lunch!
- Sweet potato - 1
- Chicken - 1 breast
- Smoked bacon - 4 rashers
- Spinach - 3 handfuls
- tomato - 1
- goose fat - 1/2 cup
• It's simple but delicious! Slice the sweet potato into big thin slices and fry in the oil for about 10 minutes on both sides.
• Remove from the oil and pat with kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
• Place the sweet potato slices in the oven for about 8 minutes to crisp.
• In the meantime, prepare your filling. I fried some chicken and bacon until crispy, sliced some tomato and made some homemade paleo mayonnaise.
• Get the sweet potato slices from the oven and onto a plate, then put spinach on the bottom layer. Chop up your chicken and bacon and layer it up with the spinach and tomato, then top with a bit of mayo and the other slice of sweet potato.
• YUM! That is all...