I tried making curries in my pre-paleo life. They were never as good as this. It’s hot, tangy, tasty and completely delicious. My fiancé thought this was incredible and he loves a good curry. Not only that, the cauliflower rice has been a labour of love to get it to something that I think is better than any recipe I’ve seen on the ‘net.
An amazing indian hot curry recipe.
- onion - 1 medium
- fresh ginger - thumb sized piece
- garlic - 3 cloves
- fennel seeds - 2 tsp
- fresh chilis (red) - 3
- turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin - 1.5 tsp
- garam masala - 1 tsp
- curry powder - 2 tsp
- chicken breasts - 2
- chopped tinned tomatoes - 1/2 can
- coconut milk - 1/2 can
- chicken stock - 1/4 cup
- lime - 1, juiced
- fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
- cauliflower - 1 head
- cinnamon - 2 tsp
- desiccated coconut - 1 tbsp
- eggs - 2
• To start with, we'll make a paste! Roughly chop your onion into large chunks, then add your peeled ginger, peeled garlic, cumin, garam masala, curry powder, turmeric, fennel seeds, chilies and lime juice and throw them all into a food processor.
• Blitz on pulse mode until well mixed and finely chopped.
• Put your oil in a pan and heat, then drop your paste into the hot oil and cook for about five minutes over a medium heat, so that it doesn't brown.
• Add your meat to the pan and brown all over, then add your coconut milk and stock.
• Add in your tinned tomatoes and allow to simmer and thicken for around fifteen minutes to half an hour. If it gets too dry, add a little more coconut milk, but remember it is supposed to get thick and darken.
• Onto the coconut rice! Break up your florets and steam for eight minutes.
• Stick them in the food processor and PULSE in small batches until rice like.
• Add your desiccated coconut and cinnamon to the cauliflower rice and mix well.
• Heat a little oil in a non stick pan and add the cauliflower rice. Stir fry for around seven minutes.
• Beat your two eggs well. Very slowly add to the cauliflower rice, while constantly stirring.
• Be sure to stir the rice until it looks dry.
• Serve the two together and it will be so bloody delicious!