Figuring out what to take to work for lunch is hard. I’ve taken to eating two cooked meals a day, just because I find it easier and more satisfying, or at least it has been during winter. I think once the weather warms up, I’ll be happy to eat some more cold food, salads and raw veg, but while it’s still cold, I want something warm and filling. Ooh er.
These lamb meatballs are just awesome and with a hint of spice, they really warm you up. I have a microwave at work, so I heat them up at lunchtime. They really hit the spot! Ok I’ll stop now.
- For the meatballs
- Lamb mince - 500g
- Egg - 1
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Ground coriander - 1 tsp
- Ground almonds - 1 tbsp
- chili flakes - 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper -
- Parsley - 1 tbsp
- For the sauce
- onion - 1
- tomatoes - 5
- anchovies - 4
- oregano - 1 tsp
- olive oil - 1 tsp
- katamala olives - 1 tbsp, pitted and chopped
• Mix all your meatball ingredients in a bowl and roll into meatballs. They can get a little sticky, so if you need to, oil your hands slightly.
• Brown all the meatballs in batches and set aside in an oven proof dish
• Once all the meatballs are browned, chop your onion and throw it in the pan along with the anchovies, which should also be finely chopped.
• When the onion has softened, add your chopped tomatoes, olives and oregano to the pan.
• Simmer for about 5 minutes, then pour the sauce over the meatballs in the oven proof dish.
• Oven bake for about 15 minutes at 200 degrees.
• Serve immediately or package up for the next day's lunch!