OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. This is SO good! I adapted this from a carrot cake recipe and it was a bit of a gamble. I had no carrots so I looked at a sweet potato and thought “that looks pretty similar!” and by golly, it worked!
Ideally you will do all of this in a decent food processor, though you can grate the sweet potato and mix with everything else if needed.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS. That is all.
Amazing texture, sweet taste, utterly delicious...
- coconut flour - 1.5 cups
- ground almonds - 1.5 cups
- sweet potato - 1.5 cups, grated (or placed in processor)
- butter - 1/3 cup melted
- raw honey - 1/3 cup
- eggs - 3
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- almond milk - 1/2 cup
- apple cider vinegar - 1 tsp
- pitted dates - 12
- coconut oil - 1/2 cup, melted
Food processor method:
• Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius.
• Start with the sweet potato. Cut it into small chunks then blast through the processor so that it's finely grated in consistency.
• Keeping back the almond milk at the start, add in all the other ingredients to the processor and blend until completely mixed. The sweet potato should still have some texture though - it shouldn't be like soup! Add the milk in last to get the right consistency.
• The mixture should not be runny - it will be more like a paste than a batter.
• Grease a loaf tin with coconut oil and spoon the mixture into the loaf tin.
• Cook for about half an hour to forty-five minutes, until it's browned on top and firm to the touch in the middle.
• Remove from the oven, take out of the tin and allow to cool.
• This is the best texture and taste of any paleo loaf or cake that I've ever tasted. It is so good.