Holy mother of jeebus. If you’ve not tried roasted broccoli, what the hell have you been doing with your life? This meal is amazing and you should try it.
- Cod or any other white fish - 1 boneless, skinless fillet
- Egg - 1
- coconut flour - 2 tablespoons
- Ground almonds - 2 tablespoons
- Coconut oil - 4 tablespoons
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Lemon - 1
- Salt and pepper -
- Broccoli - 1 head
• Pat your fish dry.
• Beat the egg in a shallow bowl.
• Mix the coconut flour and ground almonds together and season well with salt and pepper.
• Coat the fish in the egg, then the flour mixture, then fry gently in a little coconut oil until just starting to brown on both sides.
• While this is happening, break your broccoli into florets, finely chop the garlic and melt your coconut oil in the microwave, then pop it all in a mixing bowl and make sure the broccoli is well coated with oil and garlic.
• With your fish browned and broccoli coated, pop everything into a roasting tin or baking tray and get it into the oven at about 180 and roast for 15 minutes, or until the broccoli has little crispy brown edges, but before it's incinerated.
• Remove from the oven and squeeze your lemon all over the broccoli, with a little bit on the fish (but not too much as it's makes it soggy).
•Eat that bad boy down. Amazing.