This recipe was inspired by a recipe that I loved pre-paleo and I’ve adapted it to be paleo friendly and more simple, but it is still so delicious! My partner is not mad keen on fish, but eats it because he knows he should; but he loved this recipe so much, he wants it put into the favourites pile! Serve it with your favourite veg, or a fresh salad.
Delicious coated cod fillets with a crunchy topping.
- Cod or any other white fish - 2 fillets (boneless)
- anchovies - 8 fillets in oil
- Almond flour - 1/2 cup (55 grams)
- Flax seed - 1/3 cup (37 grams)
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Herbs of your choice - (Eg. basil, oregano) 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - half, freshly squeezed
A simple recipe for a quick and delicious take on baked fish.
• Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees celsius (350 farenheit, gas mark 4).
• In a food processor, add your anchovies, almond flour, flax seed, garlic, herbs (I used a French herb mix I had that worked really well) and 1.5 tbsp of olive oil and pulse until like breadcrumbs.
• Place your cod in an oven proof dish, drizzle a little olive oil (about 1tsp) over the fillets and then top with the lemon juice.
• Take the mix from the food processor and smooth onto the tops of the cod fillets.
• Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes and serve with your favourite veggies or a crispy salad. I chose roasted asparagus, sweet potato and butternut squash. Easy peasy!