Man I love this recipe. I tend to make a large batch of it so that I can keep some for my lunch the next day and that’s what this recipe is based on, but if I’m honest I pretty much always end up eating the lot in one go. Add more or less chili flakes to your taste. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
My favourite go to meal
- onion - 1
- garlic - 2 cloves
- ginger - Thumb size piece, fresh
- chicken - 3 thighs
- garam masala - 1tbsp
- chili flakes - 1/2 tsp
- coconut milk - Half a can
- chicken stock - Half a cup
- broccoli - 1 head
- king prawns - 1 pack
- coconut oil - 1 tablespoon
- Wok with a lid -
• Slice your onion and chuck it in a wok type frying pan with your coconut oil over a high heat until it starts to soften.
• Finely slice your garlic and ginger and chuck it in the pan too.
• Cut your chicken thighs into bite size chunks, making sure all bone has been removed, and add it to the pan, cooking until brown all over.
• Once the chicken has browned, put your garam masala and chili flakes into the pan and stir well so it coats the chicken.
• Add your coconut milk and stock, keeping the heat high.
• Cut up your broccoli into florets and sit them on top of the other ingredients, then pop the lid on the wok and leave for 5 minutes.
• After 5 minutes, throw your prawns on top as well and put the lid back on and leave for a further 2 minutes.
• Serve immediately!